THE ADVANCED HIGH VISIBILITY CLUSTER BELISHA BEACON (HVCB)
The TS2300 High Visibility Pedestrian Belisha Beacon was developed following an observation of other high visibility or halo beacons out in the field. We noticed the beacons did not have flash synchronisation with the opposite beacon or with other crossings on the same road. Also, at night the LED halos were so bright the glare could be a distraction to motorists. The combination of these issues could be distracting to motorists particularly at night and in wet weather conditions. Using our patented technology, we have overcome both issues in the TS2300 and included many other features as well as being very competitively priced.
The advanced features of our TS2300 High Visibility Belisha Beacon would offer improved safety on a pedestrian crossing at less than 10% of a signal-controlled crossing and a fraction of the installation costs and disruption of traffic.
It is simple to upgrade existing belisha beacons. The TS2300 High Visibility Belisha Beacon is a robust complete product that simply replaces the existing globe thereby, quickly offering significant improvements in zebra crossing visibility while reducing the operational cost.
Other features include:
- Automatic flash synchronisation (Patent No: GB2549455) that synchronises the flash pattern of up to 100 beacons. If there are several crossings on a straight road the effect is amazing. Engineer visits to reset synchronisation are not required with the TS2300.
- A sequential flash mode option (Patent pending) – which allows the globe and LED clusters to flash alternately, increasing visibility.
- Ambient light sensor control (Patent No: GB2549455) which regulates 20 separate power levels of illumination both day and night and eliminates the glare effect, particularly at night and in wet conditions that motorists suffer from other high visibility beacons.
- For improved safety the TS2300 operates on 12v dc. A mains to 12v dc power supply unit is included.
- Smart City – IoT ready enabling the beacons to be monitored remotely and additional smart – IoT devices to be interfaced with the beacon.
- The TS2300 has a 5-year warranty and is manufactured by an ISO 9001:2015 certified company. Independently tested and conforms with BS8442-2015, EMC test BS EN5032-2015, IP54 and CE certified.
- Made of robust vandal proof polyethylene and the globe is UV stabilised amber polyethylene to retain its colour for the years to come.
- Elegant pole mounting arm and shroud options available.
- Cost only a fraction of the cost of installing Pelican and Puffin crossings and very competitively priced compared to other high visibility belisha beacons which have no smart features and consume up to 30% more power.
- Power consumption: only 6.5 watts/hour.
The above video clip is of four TS2300 beacons being switched on randomly and within 12 seconds the flash on all for beacons is synchronised. A check on the synchronisation of the flashing is performed every 20 minutes.
Another option available on the TS2300 beacons which we believe improves the visibility of the beacons even further is for the globe and high visibility clusters to be programmed to flash sequentially. See below:
At any point in time either the globe or High Visibility clusters are illuminated.