TS2506 Smart Solar Powered Pedestrian Crossing (Belisha) Beacon
The only Patented Solar Powered Belisha Beacon (UK patent number GB2519445) that is simply bolted on top of a pole and no mains power or cabling is required.
THE TICKNALL SOLAR BELISHA CROSSING BEACON FEATURES
- Enhances pedestrian crossing safety, especially in the winter.
- Automatically operates 24/7 throughout the year.
- Bluetooth (BLE) transmitter built into the beacon that broadcasts both iBeacon or Eddystone protocols.
This feature enables the beacons vital performance parameters to be interrogated remotely, e.g. battery voltage, discharge current and the beacons unique ID (UID). The data is updated every 20 seconds and viewed via specifically designed software.
The Bluetooth (BLE) can also link a smartphone via an app. This could be used, for example, to convey safety messages to a particular area of a construction site – or to provide marketing information on a retail site.
- Proprietary Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controller with charge profile designed specifically for TS2506 beacon battery. This combination is twice as efficient as conventional (PWM) chargers and lead batteries which provides even longer autonomy.
- Body and globe made of vandal proof high UV resistant polyethylene. Minimum maintenance required.
- All metal parts are upgraded to aluminum which will prevent rust and had created a reduction in the weight.
- Total weight is now less than 6kg (including battery and solar panel).
- Complies with IP54, EMC (BS EN55032) and CE standards.
- Our amazing patented “Ambient Light Sensor” (ALS) technology which varies the beacons brightness to the external ambient light level as perceived by the human eye in both daylight and night conditions (not just auto dimming at night).
- OSRAM LED bulb (L80/B10 certification of life expectancy of the LED’s to 100,000 hours).
- Zero energy consumption and CO2 emissions following installation.
- Cost effective replacement for faulty mains beacons e.g. due to cable faults.
- Warranty; 3 years for the Beacon, 10 years for the LED Bulb & 15 years for the Solar Panel.
N.B. We request that all customers to check that visibility east to west looking to the south from the location you wish to install the beacons is unobstructed. This is important as the beacons operate on direct sunlight. If it is obstructed, we offer an additional TS2509 solar panel kit to overcome lack of sunlight. The TS2509 is also recommended for all locations with a latitude north of 53.5° (Southport).
OPTIONAL EXTRAS FOR THE SOLAR BELISHA BEACON
TS2515 Intelligent Timer
TS2515 Intelligent Timer option enables the beacon only to operate during the times that a business are open hence reducing light pollution and pacifying residential neighbours.
TS2509 Additional Solar Panel Kit
We request that all customers to check that visibility east to west looking to the south from the location you wish to install the beacons is unobstructed. This is important as the beacons operate on direct sunlight. If it is obstructed we can offer an additional TS2509 solar panel kit to overcome lack of sunlight. The TS2509 is also recommended for all locations north of 53.5°.
TS2516 Globe Shroud
This is an option for installations within or near residential areas. The shroud partially covers the globe therefore reducing light pollution and pacifying residential neighbours.